About Solent Gateway Limited
Solent Gateway Limited (SGL) is a UK-based port and logistics company that is wholly owned by Associated British Ports, having originally been established as a joint venture between David McBrayne Ltd and GBA (holdings) ltd. The SGL offices are located at Marchwood Port, with 85 members of staff currently employed.
Our company ethos focuses on five key themes:
- Safety. Nothing is more important than the safety of the local community, those employed onsite, our commercial partners and the cargo moving through the port.
- Continuous improvement. We are committed to continually learning, adapting and improving every part of our business. Enhancing Marchwood Port will significantly increase our offer and we will adapt to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
- Partnership. We create true partnerships of equals with community stakeholders and commercial partners to achieve long term, positive growth that benefits us all.
- Armed Forces. We are committed to supporting the UK’s Armed Forces through the provision of high-quality port infrastructure and outstanding support services that are agile and flexible to meet any MOD requirement.
- Sustainability. We are committed to the long-term well being of the environment and community through our operations, future development and working practices.