August 2021 – We are delighted to announce that we have submitted our planning application for the development of Marchwood Port to New Forest District Council. You can view the planning application by visiting the Council’s website and searching using reference 21/11156.
Alternatively, you can view the Design & Access Statement, Planning Statement and the Consultation Statement on the consultation page of this website. You can also read our latest community newsletter which includes information on the final application here.
The application is the product of many months of work by a specialist project team that has carried out detailed environmental studies to inform the final scheme. This includes assessing issues raised by stakeholders and members of the public during the consultation, such as traffic, noise, air quality, the environment and visual impact.
We would like to thank all the residents, local groups and stakeholders who have taken the time to share their thoughts on our plans. Although the application has now been submitted, residents and any interested parties are still very welcome to get in touch with the project team using the details on the contact us page.
In May 2021 we held the first meeting of our Community Liaison Group – please have a look at the report from the meeting by clicking here.
About Solent Gateway Limited
Solent Gateway Limited (SGL) is a UK-based port and logistics company that is a joint venture between David McBrayne Limited and GBA holdings limited. The SGL offices are located at Marchwood Port, with 85 members of staff currently employed.
Our company ethos focuses on five key themes:
- Safety. Nothing is more important than the safety of the local community, those employed onsite, our commercial partners and the cargo moving through the port.
- Continuous improvement. We are committed to continually learning, adapting and improving every part of our business. Enhancing Marchwood Port will significantly increase our offer and we will adapt to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
- Partnership. We create true partnerships of equals with community stakeholders and commercial partners to achieve long term, positive growth that benefits us all.
- Armed Forces. We are committed to supporting the UK’s Armed Forces through the provision of high-quality port infrastructure and outstanding support services that are agile and flexible to meet any MOD requirement.
- Sustainability. We are committed to the long-term well being of the environment and community through our operations, future development and working practices.